Special offer Open Dutch Youth Chess Championship 2016 (ONJK 2016)
This year the Open Dutch Youth Chess Championship (ONJK) will be held in the region Twente for the 25th time! In celebration, we have made available the following offers for all players with a KNSB‑rating (Dutch Chess Association) or FIDE-rating of 2100 or higher:
1. Players with a KNSB‑rating (Dutch Chess Association) or FIDE-rating of 2100 or higher, are exempted from the entry fee of € 50.
2. For groups consisting of at least 8 players with a 2100+ rating (again KNSB or FIDE) are eligible for a fee of € 500 which could be spend on, for example, accommodation.
Terms and conditions:
1. The offers are valid up to July 1st, 2016.
2. We will use 2016 as a reference year for your rating. The offer extends to anyone having achieved a rating of 2100+ between January 1st 2016 and July 1st 2016, even if their rating has dropped below 2100 again before July 1st 2016.
3. The fee of € 500 for groups will be paid after the tournament if all players of that group have fully attended the tournament.
4. Players with a 2100+ rating are always allowed to play in the A-group, regardless of their age. Players should still request this exemption/dispensation from the organisation committee. We would, however, appreciate it if everyone enters in their respective age groups.
Rules regarding enrolling in a higher age group
Participants often enrol in a group higher than their actual age. Tis is usually so they can enjoy the stronger competition in the higher age group.
This year it will still be possible to enrol in a higher agegroup. The Chief-Referee will judge whether or not such enrolling will be allowed. To do this, he will apply the following criteria:
FIDE-rating and/or national rating (being higher than the average of the group for which a participant wants to enrol)
Tournament and/or competition results
Evidence of fast development (judged by trainers and relevant others)
If the Chief-Referee decides that an application doesn't meet the criteria above, he may decide to place the participant back in his or her own agegroup. In doing so, he will try to align as much as possible with the participant. If you are in doubt about this, please contact us.